- Donated funds toward the library’s building expansion and services for people with vision impairments.
- Donated this facility to the City of Janesville and we continue to fund improvements. Our club, as a part of its Centennial Community Legacy Project in 2017, repainted the facility’s three beach shelters, its concrete play items, and purchased additional shade-creating shelters.
- Contributed money to the renovation.
- Converted Goose Island to a beautiful park on the Rock River.
- Constructed the pavilion.
- Donated funds to “adopt” a field.
- Constructed a shelter in the park.
- Built the lodge that serves every student in Janesville.
- Built the Doughboy statue (pictured above).
In addition to these landmarks, the Janesville Noon Lions Club contributed time and funds to:
- Transport eye tissue to and from Lions Eye Bank.
- Eyeglass replacement grants.
- Eyeglasses collection
- Salvation Army programs.
- Coordinated welcome signs for the City of Janesville.
- Children’s vision-screening program.
- Downtown Janesville Riverfront project.
- Sponsor for the Walk To Defeat ALS.
- Leo Club – Youth organization at Craig High School.