Goals for the 2017-18 Club Year
Respectfully submitted by 2017-2018 Lion President Blaine Vance:
This collection of goals may seem overwhelming to some, but I truly believe our extraordinary members are capable of accomplishing even greater things than in past years. All members are encouraged to express their thoughts and ideas openly, with respect to all, in the true spirit of Lionism.
Simply put … WE SERVE.
Below is a summary of the Janesville Noon Lions Club’s goals and objectives for the period between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018:
- Create committee and chair position for 2017 Labor Fest Parade entry
- Maintain current club membership and its goodwill by promoting an interesting and fun atmosphere in both our meetings and community service projects
- Re-evaluate our commitment to the Blackhawk Pioneers, providing events planning assistance and transportation as needed, including their usual Northern Illinois ski outing and their annual Lions Camp sojourn to Rosholt
- Increasing the membership in our Lions pride by:
- Maximizing club activities exposure through all the marketing tools at our disposal, especially by increasing news releases and social media awareness
- Explore change of venue for our regular membership lunch meetings to a centrally-located handicapped accessible site at no extra expense to our club
- Promote timeliness of joining now to be among an elite group of new members receiving a special 100th anniversary recognition pin
- Expand our leadership role in the renovation/repurposing of Lions Beach project
- Seek other service projects and/or financial support opportunities based on members’ ideas, and outside invitations or solicitations
- Establish and maintain a greater interaction with the Wisconsin School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Strengthen our club’s support of the resurrected Craig Leos service club, and persist in an effort to establish a new Leos club at Parker High School
- Provide encouragement and support to all Janesville Noon Lions committees
- Create an active vision screening agenda, aided by obtaining the use of proper equipment and partnering with professionals in the optical community
Want to help us achieve our goals?