Donations made in 2014-15 to Lions-related causes
- $500: Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin
- $1,000: Lions Club International Foundation/Melvin Jones Fellowship
- $1,000: Wisconsin Lions Birch-Sturm Memorial Fund
- $300: Leader Dogs for the Blind
- $100: Lions International Youth Camp & Exchange Program
Achievements and accomplishments by the Janesville Noon Lions Club during its 2014-15 program year
- Developed annual club calendar; included it on club website.
- Developed a “Stuff the Bus” program.
- Increased scholarship amount to $4,000 from $2,000 annually.
- Investigated partnership with Parks Department on “Santa Claus Calls.”
- Participated in the Rock County Senior Fair.
- Increased presence in Janesville community and in Lions newsletter through the use of pictures and articles.
- Added visit to the Wisconsin School for the Blind and Visually Impaired to club’s service projects.
- Made improvements to Lions Beach:
- Cleaned building’s exterior.
- Cleaned up and redid the planting area in front of building.
- Added sand to the beach area.
- Added strobe lights to scare away geese.
- Painted trim and panels.
- Removed huge tree limb.
- Old signage painted and repositioned.
- Hosted the Janesville Joint Service Club Meeting.
- Presented six “Knight of Sight” awards.
- Became members of the Friends of Riverside Park.
- Donated $3,000 toward efforts to purchase a sign for Traxler Park to inform public of upcoming events.
Want to help us achieve more?